The best way for children to learn about the Eucharist- through imaginative play! When children use their imagination to role-play scenarios they learn about them in new and deeper ways. Children that role-play the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass are more likely to understand what is happening at Mass, pay closer attention, and gain a deeper appreciation for the Liturgy of the Eucharist. Playing Mass is a beautiful and effective way for children to learn about one of the most important parts of their Catholic faith. You will be amazed by how much they learn! Many Saints "played mass" as children as well, including St. Ambrose of Siena and St. Teresa of Avila and her brother.
- The flame discs on the candles are removable for interactive fun- as well as the tops of the cruets and lid on the Ciborium!
- 20 Piece Set includes: Lavabo bowl, 2 white candles and 2 flame discs, Altar cross, Chalice, Ciborium with removable lid, water and wine cruets with removable lids, Pall, 6 communion hosts, 1 large Celebrant's Host, and Paten.
- Our set was inspired by images of Antique French mass playsets from the 19th century.
- Dimensions: pieces range in size from 1.5 inches in diameter to 5 inches tall. Some assembly required (the cross comes disassembled to prevent damage in shipping, and requires only one screw which is included.)
- Conforms to all ASTM standards for toy safety.
- For ages 18+ months
A favorite of European toy manufacturers, our new wood sets are crafted using highly sustainable solid rubberwood from Forest Stewardship Council certified sources, and non-toxic water based paint. Rubberwood is a highly sustainable and beautiful hardwood. Trees that have finished producing latex on rubber tree farms are cut down to make room for new trees to be planted. Instead of wasting this beautiful wood, it is used to create a variety of home goods and toys! We've very intentionally selected rubberwood for this reason, to avoid deforestation and ensure our wooden toys are truly environmentally friendly.