New Page 1
More than ever before, fair trade practices have become increasingly important when
purchasing palm leaves for Palm Sunday services. As you make your plans for this
joyful celebration, we would like to assure you of our personal commitment to
environmental and social stewardship.
We do not sell the over-harvested tropical Chamaedorea palm. In fact, the strips
and altar decorations we sell come from several varieties of desert palm.
Our supplier’s palms are grown and harvested with a focus on protecting the
- Leaves are harvested only from mature trees and when the trees reach a height of
8 to 10 feet, they are sold for landscaping applications.
- Fields are harvested once a year, serving as a safe haven for local plants and
wildlife during the remaining months.
- Through a close partnership with the Texas Land Conservancy, our palm supplier
has set aside over 300 acres of permanent nature preserve
(www.texaslandconservancy.org – “Harriet B. Ginsbach Preserve”).
Our palm supplier’s workers are treated with dignity and paid fair wages:
- The annual harvest at their South Texas operation provides workers with good
pay and employs more than 200 workers in one of the poorest counties in the U.S.
- Almost 75% of these workers return year after year to work.
- At every operation, workers are paid fairly and treated according to all legal and
We are honored to provide premium quality palm strips and decorations for your Holy
Week celebrations. We fully support your interest in making informed purchases and
your business is truly appreciated. If you have any questions about your order, please
feel free to call us at 800-325-9026.
Catholic Supply of St. Louis, Inc.
6759 Chippewa Street
St. Louis, MO 63109
CLICK HERE TO SHOP!