Baptism is the beginning of your childs life of faith. As the primary educators of their children, parents have the privilege and duty of carrying this new son or daughter of God into Christs family, the Church. With the priest or deacon, godparents, parish, friends, and family, your babys baptism will be a celebration and sign of lifelong love and grace.
Part of the Liguori Sacramental-PreparationSeries, this book will prepare you for your babys special day and remind you of your own baptismal promises and calling. It includes:
- An overview of sin and salvation
- A short history of baptismal practices and traditions
- The meaning of the sacrament and its symbols
- A step-by-step guide to the rite
- Frequent references to Scripture, the Catechism of the Catholic Church, and other Church documents