Baptism is the beginning of your child�s life of faith. As the primary educators of their children, parents have the privilege and duty of carrying this new son or daughter of God into Christ�s family, the Church. With the priest or deacon, godparents, parish, friends, and family, your baby�s baptism will be a celebration and sign of lifelong love and grace.
Part of the Liguori Sacramental-PreparationSeries, this book will prepare you for your baby�s special day and remind you of your own baptismal promises and calling. It includes:
- An overview of sin and salvation
- A short history of baptismal practices and traditions
- The meaning of the sacrament and its symbols
- A step-by-step guide to the rite
- Frequent references to Scripture, the Catechism of the Catholic Church, and other Church documents