For more than twenty years, A Concise Guide to Canon Law has provided priests, deacons, and lay pastoral ministers with essential information about Church laws that regularly impact the lives of everyday Catholics.
This compact reference guide addresses topics such as who can receive the sacraments and when, the responsibilities of pastors and bishops; administration of parishes; and the role of finance and pastoral councils. The book also now includes the teachings of Popes Benedict XVI and Francis on issues such as marriage and annulment, as well as a new chapter on Catholic funerals.
Canon lawyer Aldean Hendrickson, director of the tribunal for the Diocese of New Ulm, also has updated this practical guide with additional material that includes:
- a chapter on the Liturgy of the Hours;
- an index of the canons addressed in the book;
- an updated section of frequently asked questions and answers at the end of each chapter;
- a revised and enhanced glossary of key terms; and
- a suggested reading list for deeper study.
160 pages paperback