Gaudete et Exsultate teaches that:
- No matter where grace finds you today, holiness is within reach! Chapter One clearly shows how we can all live our daily lives with simplicity, beauty, and holiness.
- Two subtle enemies of holiness are still with us: Gnosticism and Pelagianism. Chapter Two shows how to spot the contemporary manifestations of these two ancient heresies.
- The beatitudes run counter to the way our world typically does things. Three offers a fresh perspective on the beatitudes, teaching that they unsettle us and demand real change in the way we live our lives.
- There are spiritual attitudes within the framework of the beatitudes necessary for living the way of life to which God has called us. Chapter Four offers five great expressions of love for God and our neighbors that Pope Francis considers particularly important in today's culture.
- The Christian life is a constant battle. Chapter Five outlines a renewed perspective on spiritual combat and discernment to enable us to live in the light of the Lord.