The Virgin Mary’s part in history doesn’t begin and end with her yes to God. Popular Catholic author Mike Aquilina points out that Mary is at the center of history from creation to the end of time and everywhere in between. In History’s Queen, you’ll learn about the many ways the mother of humanity has left her mark on the great events of time, not only as we see them in the Bible, but also in pivotal events such as Fatima, the battle of Lepanto, and the plague.
In this journey through two thousand years of Mary’s active participation in world events, each chapter of History’s Queen highlights a Marian intervention that is emblematic of a particular era, and opens our eyes to the ways in which Mary provides a vital key for understanding both our past and our future.
Mike Aquilina—author of The History of the Church in 100 Objects and editor of the Reclaiming Catholic History series—provides a fresh, fascinating, and classical view of history to today’s readers, exploring:
- Mary’s centrality in the Church Fathers’ view of history;
- Mary’s role in preserving Byzantium during the explosive rise of Islam;
- Marian devotion in medieval Ireland that inspired generations of great missionaries;
- Mary’s role in military victories at Lepanto and Vienna; and
- the message of peace received by three shepherd children in Fatima that sustained the world through a century of unprecedented violence and apostasy.