Bible in a Year
Your Daily Encounter with God
By: Dr. Tim Gray, Dr Mark Giszczak, Dr. J. Morris, Dr. Elizabeth Klein, Dr. John Sehorn, Dr. Scott Powell, Deborah Holiday
Only 20 Minutes a Day to Know the Power and Wonder of God's Word
With Bible in a Year: Your Daily Encounter with God you can read through the entire Bible in a single year! Three daily readings, one each from the Old Testament, Wisdom Literature and the New Testament, keep you engaged as you make your way through the Bible. In addition, each of the daily readings is followed by a short, insightful reflection that will lead you to prayer and help plant God’s Word deep in your heart.
- Bible-in-a-Year is designed to give you daily selections from the Old Testament, New Testament, and Wisdom Literature to help you read and pray all 73 books of Holy Scripture in one year.
- Each daily reflection is intended to open up the Scriptures and facilitate a deeper meditation that leads to an encounter with God through his Word.
- The easy-to-use format will help inspire you to keep reading the Bible every day of the year—day by day, month by month, year after year.
Through the daily reading of Sacred Scripture, you will hear the beauty and majesty of the Word that God intended just for you.
There are several ways you might like to use the daily readings:
- Bible in one year, once a day: Follow the plan. Read each day's readings during your daily Bible reading time to finish the whole Bible in a year.
- Bible in one year, twice a day: Follow the plan, but in two daily sections. Read the Old Testament in the morning and the Wisdom literature and New Testament in the evening.
- Bible in two years: Read the Old Testament the first year, then the Wisdom literature and New Testament the second year.
Scripture quotations are from the] Revised Standard Version of the Bible—Second Catholic Edition (Ignatius Edition), copyright © 2006 National Council of the Churches of Christ in the United States of America. Used by permission. All rights reserved.