Emptiness. Burnout. Financial worries. Physical suffering.
Does your life ever feel like a storm surge?
World-champion surfer and adventurer Bear Woznick has spent decades on the ocean, riding its waves. He doesn’t stand on the shore with his toes in the sand; he goes out into the deep water to watch and wait — and, if need be, to paddle hard to survive.
In this compelling spiritual memoir, Bear takes you on a journey from the “mountain waves” of Hawaii to “the Wedge” of Newport Beach, California, showing how his experience surfing led him to a profound encounter with God: “Wave after timeless wave breaking on the shore drew me into a contemplation of God’s eternity.”
Journey with Bear through the winter and summer swells of his life, and how he learned to become a “soul surfer.” Drawing from decades of his own reflections and growth, he’ll show you how to:
- Go into the deep to find communion and intimacy with God
- Be bold and decisive even when there’s no surf in sight
- Attune your soul to God, like a tandem surfboarder, and plunge into the waves
- Surrender yourself to the Creator, just as a surfer abandons himself to an epic wave
- Let go, rest in God, and allow Him to work in your life
- Detach from the false comforts of the world to be free, like a surfer leaving the shore
- Enter the ocean’s solitude and be transformed to contemplate God face-to-face
- Humble yourself before the awesome power of God so He can raise you up over the waves
- Pages: 176
- Format(s): Paperback